- Conference Policies
Code of Conduct
- All participants at Nullcon must adhere to the Nullcon code of conduct.
- The Nullcon code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
- We encourage all sponsors, speakers, attendees, media, exhibitors, and other participants to help us create a safe and positive conference experience for everyone.
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and your fellow participants. Alert conference organizers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Unacceptable behavior includes (but not limited to) intimidating, harassing, abusing, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning conduct by any attendees.
- Possession of any item that can be used as a weapon that may cause danger to others if used in a specific manner.
- Possession of any open can, bottle, or other receptacles containing any alcoholic beverages, except in areas specifically designated for the consumption of alcohol. Please drink responsibly.
- Smoking in non-designated areas.
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the venue.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behaviour
- Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated, whether by other attendees, media, speakers, volunteers, organizers, venue staff, sponsors, or exhibitors.
- Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
- If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the conference without warning or refund.
If you are subjected to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a conference organizer as soon as possible. All reports will remain entirely confidential.
Nullcon is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment in any form.
Conference participants violating the above rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers. Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, religion, and actions such as deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Exhibitors in the expo hall, sponsor or vendor booths, or similar areas are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of conference staff immediately. Conference staff can be identified by Nullcon “CREW T-shirts.” Alternatively, Kindly send an email to [email protected]
Conference staff will be happy to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.
If you have any further questions, please contact [email protected]
Cancellations, refunds, and substitutions: All ticket sales are final, and our general policy is no refunds.
Photography & Videography Guidelines
Nullcon is open to the public, and we do not restrict attendees (including Nullcon staff, volunteers, sponsors, and media) from taking photos or videos at our events. By attending our events, you acknowledge that you are in a public space and that attendees (including Nullcon staff, volunteers, sponsors, and media) may capture your image in photos and videos. Nevertheless, Nullcon encourages event attendees to exercise common sense and good judgment and respect the wishes of other attendees who do not wish to be photographed at the events.
The organizers reserve the right to use images taken at the conference with your photograph and likeness in future marketing materials.
For people who do not wish to be photographed, please take the stickers from the reception desk and wear them where they would be easily visible.