- Conference Policies
Code of Conduct
All participants at nullcon must adhere to the nullcon code of conduct.
The nullcon code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behaviour, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behaviour.
We encourage all sponsors, speakers, attendees, media, exhibitors and other participants to help us create a safe and positive conference experience for everyone.
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behaviour and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert conference organizers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Unacceptable behaviours include (but not limited to) - intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning conduct by any attendees of the event and related event activities. Many event venues are shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
- Wearing clothing that is not suitable for a casual yet professional environment, that is provocative, or otherwise potentially offensive.
- Possession of any item that can be used as a weapon, which may cause danger to others if used in a certain manner.
- Possessing any open can, bottle or other receptacle containing any alcoholic beverages, except in areas specifically designated for the consumption of alcohol. Please drink responsibly.
- Smoking - other than in designated areas.
- Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behaviour.
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the Venue.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behaviour
- Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated whether by other attendees, media, speakers, volunteers, organizers, venue staff, sponsors, or exhibitors.
- Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately.
- If a participant engages in unacceptable behaviour, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the conference without warning or refund.
If you are subjected to unacceptable behaviour, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behaviour, or have any other concerns, please notify a conference organizer as soon as possible. All reports will remain completely confidential.
nullcon is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form.
Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers. Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion and actions such as deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately.
Exhibitors in the expo hall, sponsor or vendor booths, or similar activities are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
If a participant engages in harassing behaviour, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of conference staff immediately. Conference staff can be identified by nullcon t-shirts with the 'CREW Badge'.
Conference staff will be happy to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.
If you have any further questions, please contact [email protected]
Cancellations, Refunds, and Substitutions All ticket sales are final and our general policy is no refunds.
Photography & Videography Guidelines
nullcon is open to the public, and we do not restrict attendees (including nullcon staff, volunteers, sponsors, and media) from taking photos or videos at our events. By attending out events, you acknowledge that you are in a public space and that attendees (including nullcon staff, volunteers, sponsors, and media) may capture your image in photos and videos. Nevertheless, nullcon encourages event attendees to exercise common sense and good judgment, and respect the wishes of other attendees who do not wish to be photographed at the Events.
The organizers reserves the right to use images taken at the conference with your photograph and/or likeness in future marketing materials.