- Blackshield Awards
- Job Fair
- CXO Track
- Machine Learning for Pen-Testers and Security Researchers
Machine Learning for Pen-Testers and Security Researchers
Trainer Name: Pentester Academy
Title: Machine Learning for Pen-Testers and Security Researchers
Duration: 2 Days
Dates: 28th Feb - 1st March 2018
The age of intelligent machines is here! We are now seeing Machine Learning disrupting every technological field including computer security. As more and more security products use Machine Learning, it is important as Pentesters and Security Researchers to understand how to make and break this technology!
This 4 Day Megaprimer will take you right from the basics of Machine Learning, to using it for security research, and to finally breaking security products using it! We will use case studies relevant to Infosec such as - Network intrusion detection, Spam detection, Security log analysis, Attacker Identification, Rogue Wi-Fi network detection, AV and IDS Evasion etc.
Students will receive - a copy of the book "Principles of Data Science", PDF slides and exercise files, 20 hrs HD videos of class lectures and demos, 1 Month PentesterAcademy.com access pass to solve Machine Learning challenges online!
A non-exhaustive list of topics to be covered include:
- Course Introduction and Lab Setup
- Numpy and Pandas
- Machine Learning Basics
- Learning Algorithms
- K Nearest Neighbors
- Linear Regression / Model Evaluation
- Logistic Regression
- Natural Language Processing
- Naive Bayes Classification
- Intrusion Detection
- Spam Detection
- Advanced Sklearn
- Decision Trees
- Ensembling Techniques
- Dimension Reduction
- Clustering / Topic Modelling
- Stochastic Gradient Descent
- Neural Networks / Deep Learning
- Time Series based Data Analysis
- Security Log Analysis
- Attacker Identification
- Anomaly based detection
- MAC address Spoofing detection over Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi Rogue Network Detection
- Breaking AV Products
- Confusing Anomaly Detectors
- Subverting Learning Systems
Who should take this course
Security Researchers, Pentesters and anyone curious about how to make-break Machine Learning systems.
- Basic working knowledge of Python
- NO Prior knowledge of machine learning is required
What students should bring
- Laptop with at least 4GB RAM
- 40GB free space for class material
- Admin / Root access to install / remove software and settings
What students will be provided with
- a copy of the book "Principles of Data Science"
- PDF slides and exercise files
- 20 hrs HD videos of class lectures and demos
- 1 Month PentesterAcademy.com access pass to solve Machine Learning challenges online!
About the trainer
Sinan Ozdemir is a Data Scientist and Machine Learning expert from San Francisco with a Masters in Theoretical Mathematics from Johns Hopkins University where he served as a lecturer of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science for sometime. He is author of the book "Principles of Data Science" and the course "Data Science for Infosec Professionals" for Pentester Academy. He is also currently the co-Founder / CTO of Kylie.ai, a machine learning startup. Sinan's passion for data and education has followed him all over the country where he has taught in several prison systems, conferences and universities.